OrgSync is an iOS app that I created for my CS329E Mobile Computing class. I had the idea for a specialized student organization management tool when I was an officer of a few student organizations.
I spent the first part of the semester working on the design of the application. I love the design of these two sites - Linear & Reflect - and wanted to model OrgSync after them. Unfortunately, due to the limited amount of time and my limited understanding of Core Graphics, I had to take a simpler route.
This was one of the most enjoyable projects I've taken on, so I had no problem working hard consistently throughout the semester. I was already somewhat familiar with iOS development, but there were many things I had to learn.
What does it do?
- Members can create an account and join their organization
- Functions as an alumni database, allowing current and past member lookup
- Organization admins can create events and announcements, which are received by members in real time
I've decided to keep working on this project until I believe it could actually be used by a student organization. Along with a major design upgrade, some of the features I'm going to be implementing next are:
- Allow users to check into events
- Allow users to submit feedback
- Allow replies to announcements